Transport Planner – Wigan OR Worcester – 6 month contract
Our support functions are the foundations of our operations, supporting our colleagues and crew to deliver.
Reporting to the Planning Manager and operating from either our Worcester/Wigan depot, we are looking for a Transport Planner to join our busy team, planning final mile deliveries to our customers’ homes and LGV movements across the UK.
Utilising transport planning systems, you will be part of a team that plan between 6,000 and 10,000 multi drop deliveries across a fleet of up to 300 vehicles and 75 100 LGV movements on a daily basis. This role would suit an FLM/Clerk/Driver looking to advance their business knowledge/skills. Full training on planning systems will be provided.
Duties to include;
- Ensuring optimal routing of vehicles to meet customer requirements, legal compliance and organisational KPI’s
- Planning, inter-depot movements, collections and orders
- Updating transport systems accurately and in real time as and when changes occur
- Responding to internal enquiries regarding route capacity to ensure customer requirements are fulfilled to the highest possible standards
40 hrs per week: PM shifts (12:30 – 23:00) on a 4/7 rota. There may be some requirement for day shift cover.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have good knowledge of Arrow XL transport and warehouse operations
- Ideally 2 years working in the transport operation
- Working knowledge of legal compliance regarding transport (working hours etc.)
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise activity
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter who is always looking for ways to improve the way we do things
- Ability to cope with rapid pace of change
- Can be relied upon to deliver to tight deadlines
- Good Excel skills and/or knowledge
- £12.29 per hour
- 10% shift allowance (for working the PM shift)
- 16 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Extensive Staff Discount scheme on Very.co.uk
- Attractive pension
- Employee benefits portal including childcare vouchers, gym discounts, retail discounts and much more!
About the Company
ArrowXL is the UK’s leading provider of two-person delivery services in the UK, delivering 2 million customer orders per year. Committed to innovation and continuous improvement – we continue to invest in technology, new services and training.
With a 25-year history, we have performed over 20 million deliveries on behalf of leading retailers and manufacturers.
We have 6 core values; Innovation, Safety, Respect, Excellence, Taking Responsibility, and ‘One Team’ is central to all we do so, naturally our people are at the heart of delivering on our purpose and this is where you come in…..