Transport Clerk – Wigan (WN5)
We are currently on the lookout for a Transport Clerk to join the Delivery Team at our Wigan depot.
Customer excellence drives our success, and we recognise that it’s our amazing delivery heroes who represent our business and brand at every stage of the customer journey.
As a Transport Clerk, you will play a vital role in ensuring our Delivery Crews are ready to deliver the AXL promise of ‘making customers feel special’.
As one of our valued Clerks, you will be responsible for various clerical activities within our Transport Department, including:
- Allocating work to our Delivery Crews
- Monitoring on the road progress and keeping management informed of any issues
- Resolving concerns that may occur day to day
- Doing all you can to help our Delivery Crews successfully deliver to our customers
- Supporting the debrief of Crews upon their return to the depot
- Keeping yourself familiar with products and clients to help support Delivery Crews
- General office duties
40 hours per week, 5 over 7 days. Due to the nature of this role, we need someone who can be flexible to work different shifts.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate should have experience working in a transport environment and will need to be confident using various IT systems (however, system specific training will be provided where necessary!)
You should be organised, able to coordinate workloads and have the ability to influence others. Excellent communication skills are always beneficial.
- Basic hourly rate of £9.02
In addition to this competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- Shift premiums (when working the PM shift)
- 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays
- A fabulous Staff Discount at very.co.uk
- Free uniform to really look the part
- An attractive enhanced pension plan
- Free on-site parking
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more.
We also run regular competitions across our network giving you the ability to win ££ in shopping vouchers – this includes our Employee of the Month scheme.
About the Company
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items – the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are…
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL