Warehouse Shift Manager - PM Shift - Wigan
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery who strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, heavy, bulky items – the kind of work that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing, which we do too.
ArrowXL is now recruiting for a Warehouse Shift Manager join our busy Warehouse operation in Wigan. Leading a team of hardworking Warehouse Operative’s, you will hold responsibility for the smooth operation of our Warehouse function, ensuring our delivery crews are loaded up to deliver the best service for all our customers.
Interested in the opportunity of joining the UK’s largest multi-user, two-person, home delivery and warehouse specialist?
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, responsibilities will include;
- Efficient resource planning and cost control whilst always ensuring the operation is both effective and compliant.
- Leading a team of first line managers, team leaders and highly skilled warehouse operatives to coordinate all aspects of the day to day offload, put away and pick and load processes (which includes responsibility for stock quality and integrity).
- The resourcing, development and management of all colleagues within your team, ensuring that our operatives are fully trained and that we retain great people
- Making prompt decisions which protect customer service and our delivery schedule, as well as remaining commercially focused.
- Leading on-site resources (colleagues and equipment) to ensure we have everything required in the right place at the right time to not only meet, but also flex, to our Customers changing needs.
The Ideal Candidate
With the amount of applications expected for this position, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
- Experience of managing teams, within a customer focused and fast-paced warehouse environment
- Knowledge and experience dealing with first line people management issues (absence, performance, and investigations)
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Systems as this role uses various Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to analyse and utilise Management Information to identify areas of improvement and drive change
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data to manage and improve resource costs
- Strong people skills – able to influence, coach and develop
- Knowledge of RedPrairie WMS is an advantage
- 40 hours per week, on a 5/7 Rota
- Working hours – 14:00 to 22:00
- Basic hourly rate of £15.61
In addition, you will also get these great benefits:
- 10% Shift allowance
- Annual leave entitlement (which increases with service)
- Branded ArrowXL uniform and PPE provided
- Staff discount at very.co.uk
- Pension plan options
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Insurance
- Department competitions (Including employee of the month)
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Ongoing progression and development opportunities
About the Company
Our culture thrives on Six core values that form who we are, these are:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team