Warehouse Operative - Wigan
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery who strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, heavy, bulky items – the kind of work that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing, which we do too.
ArrowXL is now recruiting for a Warehouse Operative join our busy team in Wigan.
Whilst you may not come face to face with our Customers, you will be one of the unsung heroes that work behind the scenes ensuring our delivery crews are loaded up ready to deliver the ArrowXL promise. Interested in the opportunity of joining the UK’s largest multi-user, two-person, home delivery and warehouse specialist?
We specialise in delivering the big and bulky stuff, so the items you can expect to work with will include fridges, TV’s and sofas. Our warehouses are busy environments, but you will have a team of fabulous colleagues around supporting you every day. Your role will include:
- Picking customer orders from location
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Being responsible for your own health and safety
- Understanding our internal policies and procedures
- Physically checking stock to ensure it is in the correct location
- Using AXL equipment, including hand-held terminals
We’re all about colleague development so your career doesn’t need to stop here – with our award-winning Training Academy, if you really want to enhance your career and progress up the ladder, we can help.
The Ideal Candidate
With the amount of applications expected for this position, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
- Experience of working within a busy warehouse operation
- Computer literate as you will need to use our warehouse management systems (system specific training will be provided)
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise activity
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter who is always looking for ways to improve the way we do things
- £9.02 per hour
- 37.5 hours per week over 5 days
- Working hours are 06:00 to 14:00
In addition to this attractive salary package, you will also get these great benefits:
- Annual leave entitlement (which increases with service)
- Branded ArrowXL uniform and PPE provided
- Staff discount at very.co.uk
- Pension plan options
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Insurance
- Department competitions (Including employee of the month)
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Ongoing progression and development opportunities
There are also opportunities to work overtime when we are busy.
About the Company
Our culture thrives on Six core values that form who we are, these are:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team