Warehouse Manager – Worcester
Our dedicated warehouse teams are the unsung (and unseen) heroes who work behind the scenes every day handling every product with care as if it was their own.
We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager who will have overall responsibility for everything that happens ‘under the roof’ within our warehouse solutions operation at our new site in Worcester, ensuring our customers receive the best quality service always.
ArrowXL operate in a fast moving, rapidly evolving industry sector and our ambitious growth plans mean there is a constant dynamic and busy change pipeline within the business.
The customer is at the heart of everything that we do, and as Warehouse Manager (reporting to the General Manager) you will have responsibility for the smooth operation of our Warehouse Solutions department.
- Efficient resource planning and cost control whilst always ensuring the operation is both effective and compliant.
- Motivating and leading a team of shift managers, first line managers and highly skilled warehouse operatives, to coordinate all aspects of the day to day offload, put away and pick and load processes (which includes responsibility for stock quality and integrity).
- You will be responsible for the resourcing, development and management of the colleagues in your team; ensuring that your team are fully trained in all areas and the we retain great colleagues within the business.
- Make prompt decisions which protect customer service and the delivery schedule, as well as remaining commercially focused.
- Leading on-site resources (colleagues and equipment) to ensure we have everything required in the right place at the right time to not only meet, but also flex, to our customers changing needs.
- Ensure your team are operating in a safe and compliant operation which protects our colleagues and our customers.
The business is going through positive change as we drive towards ‘One Best Way’ so this role will suit an experienced Warehouse Manager who embraces change and has an appetite for continuous improvement. You will use your experience to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies within the Warehouse function, recommending and implementing changes where needed and sharing best practice across our network of hubs.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years’ operating as a Warehouse Manager within a medium sized operation
- Warehouse management systems – JDA/RP preferable with knowledge of RDT systems Demonstrable experience improving warehouse operations and introducing operational excellence
- Lead, using available performance data (utilisation, incidents, absence, Trustpilot scores) to coach and develop team members
- Develop, understand and interpret financial data to manage and improve resource costs
- Deliver against company and customer KPI’s
- Demonstrable commercial and financial acumen
- Strong people skills – able to influence, coach and develop
- Microsoft systems such as Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc
- Problem solver with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Confident in presenting to Clients and at board level internally
- Numerate – Financial management, analytics, reporting, and budget ownership experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to operate at both senior leadership and hands on operational level as required
- Annual salary of £40,000 to £45,000 (dependant on experience)
In addition to your competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- Car allowance
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (which increases with service!)
- The option of private medical insurance
- A fabulous Staff Discount at Very.co.uk
- An attractive pension plan
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more!
- Free on-site parking
- Department competitions (including Employee of the Month!)
About the Company
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items – the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are…
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL
We’re also proud to be 2019 winners of the Customer Care Award at the UK Warehousing Association and the Training Award at Motor Transport – so come join our award-winning team!