Warehouse First Line Manager (PM Shift) – Enfield
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery who strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, heavy, bulky items – the kind of work that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing, which we do too.
ArrowXL is now recruiting for a Warehouse First Line Manager join our busy Warehouse team in Enfield. Leading a team of hardworking Warehouse Operative’s you would hold responsibility for the smooth operation of our Warehouse function on the PM Shift, ensuring our delivery crews are loaded up to deliver the best service for all our customers.
Interested in the opportunity of joining the UK’s largest multi-user, two-person, home delivery and warehouse specialist?
Reporting to the Warehouse Shift Manager, responsibilities will include;
- Efficient resource planning and cost control whilst always ensuring the operation is both effective and compliant.
- Leading a team of highly skilled warehouse operatives to coordinate all aspects of the day to day offload, put away and pick and load processes (which includes responsibility for stock quality and integrity).
- The resourcing, development and management of all colleagues within your team, ensuring that our operatives are fully trained and that we retain great people
- Making prompt decisions which protect customer service and our delivery schedule, as well as remaining commercially focused.
- Leading on-site resources (colleagues and equipment) to ensure we have everything required in the right place at the right time to not only meet, but also flex, to our Customers changing needs.
The Ideal Candidate
With the amount of applications expected for this position, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
- Experience of leading teams, within a customer focused and fast-paced warehouse environment
- Knowledge and experience dealing with first line people management issues (absence, performance, and investigations)
- Good working knowledge on Microsoft Systems as this role uses various Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to analyse and utilise Management Information to identify areas of improvement and drive change
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data to manage and improve resource costs
- Strong people skills – able to influence, coach and develop
- Knowledge of RedPrairie WMS is an advantage
- 40 hours per week, on a 5/7 Rota
- Working hours – 15:00 to 23:00
- £16.21 per hour (inclusive of a 10% shift allowance)**
In addition to this attractive salary package, you will also get these great benefits:
- Annual Leave – 28 days entitlement (including statutory bank holidays) which increases with service
- Staff Discount at www.very.co.uk (25% discount on designer branded clothing, footwear and home accessories with 15% off furniture, leisure and electrical items)
- Enhanced Pension Plan options – Company enhanced contributions of up to a 6% match
- Life Insurance – Company funded 2x basic salary life cover from day one
- Employee Assistance Programme – Free 24/7 confidential wellbeing support
- Discounted Gym Membership – Up to 25% discount across 3700 nationally located gyms, health clubs, leisure centres, bootcamps and fitness studios
- Cycle to work scheme – In partnership with Evans cycles the ArrowXL C2W scheme offers great benefits and discounts
- Childcare vouchers – Government support to help pay for childcare for children aged <17
- Progression and Development Opportunities – Free JAUPT accredited Internal CPC training, Driver Apprenticeships and Internal Management Development Academies
- Long service awards – We go out of our way to recognise and reward our colleague commitment with our long service awards programme
- Employee of the month – Winners receive £25 voucher, certificate and Hall of fame recognition
- Departmental Incentives – Year round departmental competitions, seasonal incentives and fantastic gifts
- Retail Discounts – Huge discount savings in supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s and Sainsburys), Fashion discounts with (Adidas, Asos, H&M, Boohoo, JD and Matalan) and Technology discounts with (Apple, Argos, Currys/PC World and John Lewis), plus many more savings
** Your basic hourly rate of pay will be £14.74 per hour plus a 10% shift allowance
About the Company
Our culture thrives on Six core values that form who we are, these are:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team