Transport First Line Manager – Wigan – 6-month contract
We are currently on the lookout for a Transport First Line Manager who will have overall responsibility for the smooth operation of our Transport function at Wigan, ensuring our Customers receive the best quality service – always!
ArrowXL operate within an ever-evolving, fast moving industry and due to our ambitious growth, there is a constant dynamic for positive change.
Customer excellence drives our success, and we recognise that it’s our amazing delivery heroes who represent our business and brand at every stage of the customer journey.
Reporting to the Transport Shift Manager, responsibilities will include;
- Leading and motivating your team of skilled service delivery crews and Team Leaders, coaching and developing those that need further support
- Efficient fleet utilisation, resource planning and cost control (whilst always ensuring the operation is both effective and compliant)
- Taking lead for legal compliance and safety
- Identifying opportunities for improved efficiencies within the Transport function, recommending and implementing changes where needed
- The resourcing, development and management of all colleagues within your team, ensuring our service delivery crews are fully trained in all areas (in particular driver CPC, service delivery standards and product installation)
- Making prompt decisions which protect customer service and our delivery schedule, as well as remaining commercially focused
- Managing on-site resources (colleagues, vehicles and equipment) to ensure we have everything required in the right place at the right time to not only meet, but also flex, to our Customers changing needs
- Rotating AM and PM shifts, 06:00 to 14:00 and 14:00 to 22:00
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will need to be able to work in an ever-changing environment with the additional pressure to deliver on time every day.
You should be a true leader and have previous experience leading transport operations. It would help if you were well organised, have a great eye for detail and are able to communicate effectively. Common sense is always recommended!
- At least 2 years’ operating as a Manager/Leader within a transport operation
- Demonstrable experience improving transport operations and introducing operational excellence
- Lead, using available performance data (driving standards, infringements, Trustpilot scores) to coach and develop team members
- Develop, understand and interpret financial data to manage and improve resource costs
- Deliver against company and customer KPI’s
- Demonstrable commercial and financial acumen
- Strong people skills – able to influence, coach and develop
- Possess a good knowledge of Road Transport Regulations, hold a national CPC and ensure that ‘O’ Licence requirements are adhered to
- Full UK driving licence
- Basic hourly rate of £13.99
In addition to this competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- 20 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- 10% shift allowance when working the PM shift
- A fabulous Staff Discount at Very.co.uk
- An attractive pension plan
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more!
- Free on-site parking
About the Company
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items – the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are…
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL