Test Analyst – Wigan (WN5)
Our support functions are the foundations of our operations who enable us to constantly grow and improve.
We are currently looking for a Test Analyst to join our incredible and hardworking Technical Team in Wigan.
Working closely with the IT team you will specifically support our Client Onboarding Team, in testing the onboarding of new Clients and integration solutions, to enable the continuous and timely onboarding of new Clients whilst supporting existing Clients.
You will also carry out functional, integration and UAT test scripting and execution activities for both small change and large projects within ArrowXL.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Review requirements and solution documentation and create test scenarios using a risk-based approach
- Create test plans to include test estimates and scope
- Execute test scenarios using test management tool
- Identify and raise defects in defect management tool
- Retest of defects
- Create test deliverables such as: Test Plans, UAT Plans, End of Test Reports
- Liaise with our project team, technical team, off shore team and 3rd parties to progress the testing of projects
- Identify areas for automation and use test tools to improve test process
- Work with team to improve processes such as maintaining test scripts, knowledge transfer within the team, automating repeatable tasks
- Support wider teams in ArrowXL in the delivery of change projects and plans that align to our business unit plans
The Ideal Candidate
Before applying, you should be able to demonstrate experience working in a similar role with a minimum of 2 years’ manual testing experience.
You will need to be confident in the ability to build strong stakeholder relationships across our business.
You should have:
- At least 2 years working in a similar role, ideally in logistics/manufacturing
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Experience of both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Ability to assimilate complex concepts and break down into tasks
- Technical experience of creating sql queries for back end database testing
- Experience in using tools to test API services
- A familiarity with automation tools
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (which increases with service!)
- The option of private medical insurance
- A fabulous Staff Discount at Very.co.uk
- An attractive pension plan
- Opportunities for development and progression
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more!
- Free on-site parking
- Department competitions (including Employee of the Month!)
About the Company
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items – the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are…
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL
We’re also proud to be 2019 winners of the Customer Care Award at the UK Warehousing Association and the Training Award at Motor Transport – so come join our award-winning team!