Senior Payroll Advisor – Temporary – Wigan
Our support functions are the foundations of our operations, supporting our colleagues and crew to deliver.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Advisor to join our incredible People Services Team at our head office in Wigan, to help with the payroll for our 1,200 amazing colleagues.
This role would be long term temporary (until at least January 2020) with a view to become permanent.
- Support the team with general payroll system input, ensuring that the rotas are checked and input accurately
- Support the team with technical payroll queries (including Tax & NI).
- Provide full Payroll/HR administrative support, including new starters, leavers & contract changes.
- Calculate employee bonuses from information and data given by our transport department (in Microsoft Excel).
- Provide payroll support and advice via telephone and email
- Preparation and submission of variances to payroll such as, overtime, sickness and absence (via Excel Spreadsheets)
- Ensure all data is managed accurately and in a timely manner on internal systems.
- Assist with period end duties such as P45’s & Contracts of Employment.
The Ideal Candidate
If you are a competent Payroll Advisor who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, then this could be the perfect challenge for you.
You should have at least 4 years’ experience of working within a busy payroll environment, along with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Basic salary of £25,000 to £30,000 (depending on experience)
In addition to your competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- The option of private medical insurance
- A fabulous Staff Discount at Very.co.uk
- An attractive pension plan
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more!
- Free on-site parking
- Department competitions (including Employee of the Month!)
About the Company
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery. We strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, bulky and heavy items – the kind of thing that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing so guess what? We do that too!
Our culture thrives on 6 core values that form who we are…
Innovative, Safe, Respectful, Excellent, Responsible and One Team! #weareAXL
We’re also proud to be 2019 winners of the Customer Care Award at the UK Warehousing Association and the Training Award at Motor Transport – so come join our award-winning team!