Fleet Engineer – Wigan
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery who strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, heavy, bulky items – the kind of work that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing, which we do too.
ArrowXL are excited to announce that we’re currently recruiting for a Fleet Engineer to join our team, who will assist our network of depots in the North with all aspects of scheduled and unscheduled vehicle repair and maintenance.
Working closely with the depot-based transport operations teams you will help to ensure that the fleet remains safe, and compliant at all times, whilst maximising vehicle and trailer uptime.
Interested in the opportunity of joining the UK’s largest multi-user, two-person, home delivery and warehouse specialist?
- Assisting with the administration duties involved with operating a large fleet, from multiple operating centres
- Managing the vehicle route to repair. Ensuring that smart decisions are made to secure minimum downtime whilst managing the cost base
- Managing maintenance contractors to ensure repair progress is maintained
- Visiting depots to support as and when required
- Sense checking repair estimates against actual vehicle condition.
- Receiving new lease vehicles, ensuring specification is correct and vehicle has been built correctly
- Managing short term rental fleet and ensuring that upon delivery the condition of the vehicle is reflected correctly within the supplier delivery note
- Managing vehicle returns at the end of lease / spot rental checking paperwork recording vehicle condition etc.
- Ensuring the fleet is inspected in line within the undertakings of the company Operator Licence
- Ensuring the fleet is roadworthy and in line with legislative standards
- Understand and solve equipment related issues
- Ad hoc jobs as requested by National Fleet Manager
Due to the nature of the role, there will be occasions where you will be required to travel to different ArrowXL depots in the North (with some overnight stays).
The Ideal Candidate
With the amount of applications expected for this position, we will only be able to proceed forward with applications who match our essential requirements stated below:
- Knowledge of transport industry legislation
- Sound vehicle engineering knowledge regarding vehicle electrical, mechanical and air systems. It would also be ideal if you had qualifications in vehicle engineering.
- Good working knowledge of ancillary equipment and associated systems
- Ability to work as a team and with moderate supervision
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Able to calculate costs quickly and accurately
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge, in particular creating Excel formulas etc.
- Full UK driving licence
- Strong Knowledge of HGV MOT Testing Standards
- Strong Knowledge of vehicle defect rules
- Tachograph regulations knowledge – vehicle and driver
- Large goods vehicle engineering knowledge
- Good knowledge of UK road network
- 40 hours per week
- Basic salary of up to £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
- £5,500 company car allowance
In addition to this competitive salary, you’ll receive many excellent additional benefits including:
- Annual leave (including bank holidays) which increases with service
- Staff discount at very.co.uk
- Flexible working hours
- Pension plan options
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Insurance
- Department competitions (Including employee of the month)
- Long service awards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Ongoing progression and development opportunities
About the Company
Our culture thrives on Six core values that form who we are, these are:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team