Delivery Driver - 7.5 tonne - Wigan
ArrowXL is the UK’s leading provider of two-person delivery services in the UK, delivering 2 million customer orders per year. Committed to innovation and continuous improvement – we continue to invest in technology, new services and training.
With a 25-year history, we have performed over 20 million deliveries on behalf of leading retailers and manufacturers.
We have 6 core values at the heart of waht we do; Innovation, Safety, Respect, Excellence, Taking Responsibility, and ‘One Team’ .
We have opportunities for 7.5 tonne drivers to join our valued 2-person delivery crews, in a role that’s more than just driving. We are also looking for colleagues who are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service along with the willingness to work together and deliver for our customers.
Our crews operate on a 4 over 6 or 5 over 6 weekly shift pattern Monday to Saturday (our crews do not currently deliver on a Sunday).
Working as part of our 2-person delivery crews is not for the faint hearted; we deliver large (and sometimes heavy) items, but if you enjoy working on the road where no 2 days are the same, you will love being a part of the ArrowXL family.
The main duties will include:
- Delivering a GREAT customer experience all day every day (even if your day hasn’t gone to plan)
- Delivering customer’s products, on time and ensuring that packaging and goods are not damaged in any way
- Work in partnership with your crew colleague to place the customer’s order in the room of choice and complete light assembly work where required (this might mean putting feet on a sofa for example)
- Resolving customer issues and finding creative solutions
- Working as part of one team to delight our customers!
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidates will demonstrate professionalism, exceptional customer service, a great attitude and a flexible, positive outlook.
We need you to hold the correct licences for 7.5 Tonne, as well as full CPC training and a digital tachograph card.
As one of our valued drivers, you will receive an average salary of £24,560* per annum, plus;
- Overtime and extra shifts available
- Annual leave
- Free in-house CPC training to keep your hours up to date!
- A fabulous Staff Discount at very.co.uk
- Free uniform to really look the part
- An attractive enhanced pension plan
- Free on-site parking
- Additional benefits with retailers, restaurants and many more
- Progression opportunities within ArrowXL
We also run regular competitions across our network giving you the ability to win ££ in shopping vouchers – this includes our Employee of the Month scheme.
*Your basic hourly rate will be £8.83 with the ability to earn £75 per week in delivery bonus.