7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver - Peterborough
ArrowXL are the UK’s leading provider of two-person home delivery who strive to make the world of delivery a better place, by building a business that supports the way we live today. Most of our work is taking responsibility for storing and delivering large, heavy, bulky items – the kind of work that typically needs two people to handle. Quite often these items need installing, which we do too.
ArrowXL is now recruiting for a 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver to join our transport team located from our Peterborough depot. Working as part of our two-person delivery team is not for the faint hearted as we deliver large (and sometimes heavy) items.
If you enjoy working on the road, meeting new people and everyday being different, you will love being part of the ArrowXL Family. Interested in the opportunity of joining the UK’s largest multi-user, two-person, home delivery and warehouse specialist?
Reporting to the Transport shift Manager, your duties will include:
- Full responsibility for your vehicle whilst representing the company and brand to the highest possible standards
- Delivering customer products with your colleague, ensuring packaging and product is free from damage
- Delivering orders to the customers room of choice
- Assemble and/or install customer products (full training for installation services is provided)
- Ensuring as a team, you always keep your customers up to date on the progress of their delivery
- Resolve any customer questions or concerns as they may arise
The Ideal Candidate
With the amount of applications expected for this position, we will only be able to proceed forward with candidates who match our essential requirements stated below:
- First class communication and customer service skills
- Hold the correct driving licence to drive a 7.5 Tonne vehicle
- Fully completed your driver CPC training
- In possession of a digital tachograph card
- Excellent attention to detail and work ethic
Please also be aware that all our roles here at ArrowXL are subject to a criminal record check and this is a mandatory part of our recruitment process.
- 45 hours per week (minimum) guaranteed, over 4 days (No Sunday work)
- Five days off every three weeks due to the 4/7 shift pattern
- Basic hourly rate of £11.12 (equating to a basic salary of £26,020.80)
- Overtime and extra shifts are available
In addition to this attractive salary package, you will also get these great benefits:
- Annual Leave – which increases with service!
- Staff Discount at www.very.co.uk (25% discount on designer branded clothing, footwear and home accessories with 15% off furniture, leisure and electrical items)
- Enhanced Pension Plan options – Company enhanced contributions of up to a 6% match
- Life Insurance – Company funded 2x basic salary life cover from day one
- Employee Assistance Programme – Free 24/7 confidential wellbeing support
- Discounted Gym Membership – Up to 25% discount across 3700 nationally located gyms, health clubs, leisure centres, bootcamps and fitness studios
- Cycle to work scheme – In partnership with Evans cycles the ArrowXL C2W scheme offers great benefits and discounts
- Childcare vouchers – Government support to help pay for childcare for children aged <17
- Progression and Development Opportunities – Free JAUPT accredited Internal CPC training, Driver Apprenticeships and Internal Management Development Academies
- Long service awards – We go out of our way to recognise and reward our colleague commitment with our long service awards programme
- Employee of the month – Winners receive £25 voucher, certificate and Hall of fame recognition
- Departmental Incentives – Year round departmental competitions, seasonal incentives and fantastic gifts
- Retail Discounts – Huge discount savings in supermarkets (Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s and Sainsburys), Fashion discounts with (Adidas, Asos, H&M, Boohoo, JD and Matalan) and Technology discounts with (Apple, Argos, Currys/PC World and John Lewis), plus many more savings
About the Company
Our culture thrives on Six core values that form who we are, these are:
Innovative I Safe I Respectful I Excellent I Responsible I One Team